Sunday, March 22, 2009

Post-Apocalyptic Diesel Proprietor -- Brody

However creepy and disconcerting the sketches of our members were, as depicted in PADPs latest inquiry, they none the less gave me the biggest laugh I've had the pleasure to receive in my reachable memory. For that I thank you. Yet this raises the issue of who PADP really is. Ever since their arrival on our site, I've felt unable to express myself in the judging loom of this fictional character. Parading in with the alias of Joan the road warrior from the future, whose only connection to our time is through a series of 1s and 0s, illuminated as words on a screen, I can't help but surrender to the pain of curiosity.

Judging from the effort put into this character, the immediate conclusion I come to is that it's creation is caused by someone I know, Maybe even someone who can sit quietly watching me type these words, only to summon laughter deep within themselves at my struggles. Maybe this is why they are able to draw such striking? sketches of our members, because our faces are easily traceable in their memory.

Yet, whether its part of their wit wondering plot or not, they want to lead us down other paths. On these other paths we're supposed to believe this is all a game put on by a group of students in Virginia. Maybe a school project, or maybe a way to escape the metal bars of their classes, a sort of electronic trip into the thoughts of others. On this path I might assume PADP goes by the name of Rachel and aliased art student Dot is actually her companion from her Language class, who she wants to incorporate in her trips whether they be electronic or not. If they can't be home in Montana then these fictional lives well have to fill in for now.

Certainly I am wrong, yet for now I need to settle on some sort of conclusion to give me peace of mind. For the people who know me, as PADP soon will, they know I am tormented by the not knowing. So I well settle myself for now, but I know deep down it burns like a burning itch in my pants, I must one day uncover the truth.

Who is Post-Apocalyptic Diesel Proprietor?

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha you and Jon are my favorite, Tyler is non existent and Ryan is angry at his bowl cut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I've done a bit more research. This is a bit of a shot in the dark so correct me if I'm far off. Is your Virginian student theory based on your new follower "Welcome to the Monkey House" and her followers namely "Rachel Couch". I think it is... I'm beginning to understand my prey... Death to the Four Writters Club!
    Love Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha yes of course it is, but its all I have to go off. right or wrong I need to feel like somewhere in this dark room a light wants to exist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. False.
    Although I'm flattered that you have taken the time to glance at my blog.

    I am also moderately regretting telling you that it is not me, if for no other reason than your frustration is highly amusing. (that isn't supposed to sound as condescending as it came out.)

    ReplyDelete