Monday, March 30, 2009

Your Monday Delusion-by Jon

Get a kick out of this (here's the link)
Its about a religious cult in Baltimore
Quoted from the article:

…they denied a 16-month-old boy food and water because he did not say "Amen" at mealtimes. After he died, they prayed over his body for days, expecting a resurrection, then packed it into a suitcase with mothballs. They left it in a shed in Philadelphia, where it remained for a year before detectives found it last spring.

and:

Psychiatrists who evaluated Ramkissoon at the request of a judge concluded that she was not criminally insane. Her attorney, Steven Silverman, said the doctors found that her beliefs were indistinguishable from religious beliefs, in part because they were shared by those around her.

"She wasn't delusional, because she was following a religion," Silverman said, describing the findings of the doctors' psychiatric evaluation
.

I like that last bit. All you delusional nut jobs out there can reclaim sanity if you profess religious affiliation or succeed in convincing someone that you truely aren't delusional.

P.S. PADP that includes you =)

5 comments:

  1. it seems you are preaching your own religion my friend. Not only is your argument totally biased, but you did not say a word in defense of more moderate religious groups. No i will not convert you atheism!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not trying to preach anything, and I see no reason in defending moderate religion either. Nor am I professing atheism or claiming that atheism is beyond error in judgement. Your argument is a strawman. If an atheist refused to feed his kid food because he forgets to flush the toliet, I would ridicule it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for making that link work.

    I say not guilty. If this chick truly believes then let her go. Get off her case and move on to something more important like inner city waste removal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure Brodie has that covered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i made the link work, and im not sure who posted that first comment as me?? (jk it was me, i just opposed you cause thats my mom who did it)

    ReplyDelete